The university’s emergency telephone number: 018-471 25 00
Uppsala university’s emergency telephone number can be used in case of:
- serious personal injury or property damage
- damage to the good reputation and profile of the university
- serious impact on the institutions or university´s operation
If the immediate support of a security guard is needed due to a situation that is difficult to manage, please mention the following:
- Your name
- Place (Uppsala university, Blåsenhus, von Kraemers allé)
- ” We need security support immediate due to…”
Attention! In case of immediate danger to life, health or property, contact SOS Alarm!
Apply 00 if you call from a regular phone
Keep emergency routes available
Help ensure that no escape routes are blocked. If an escape route is blocked, an emergency door for example, please help by moving the chair, table or other items that are blocking. Alternatively, inform the reception and the campus management will handle the blockage.
Never block an emergency exit or escape route!
Evacuation alarm at Blåsenhus
In case of evacuation alarm, look for the nearest exit and leave the building in calm pace.
Please go to the assembly point that is situated in the parking lot at the inner courtyard.
Do not exit the building using the main entrance, von Kraemers allé 1A, since the emergency services arrives there.
It is important that no-one remains standing close to the building – everyone should go to assembly point (the emergency services may need to access next to the building with the emergency vehicles).
Personnel from the campus management, carrying a reflective vest and megaphone, alternatively someone from the emergency services will announce when it is safe to enter the building again. Until then, everyone must stay outside.
1. ALERT others nearby
2. HELP - but not when there isdanger to yourself
3. CALL 112
4. EXTINGUISH the fire if possible
5. CLOSE doors around the fire
6. NEVER take the elevator – use the stairs via the emergency exits
Emergency exits and assembly point for Blåsenhus
In the event of an evacuation alarm, the elevators are automatically turned off and cannot be used. Persons with limited mobility, or who are injured or otherwise are unable to use the stairs, can be evacuated with the aid of an evacuation chair.
At Blåsenhus there are four evacuation chairs and they are placed:
- Next to the reception in the entrance hall
- In house 14, ground floor by the entrance towards the Botanical Garden
- In stairwell 11 outside the elevators at the basement floor
- In employee’s corridor house 21, 2nd floor
Is located in the reception and contains the following:
- First aid dressing
- Adhesive bandages
- Protective gloves
- Wound cleanser
- First aid kit including light and various information about crisis management.
Unfortunately, the reception cannot provide asperin/headache tablets or other medicines.
At Blåsenhus there are two defibrillators. They are placed at ground-level. One is placed at the wall next to the reception and one in conjunction with entrance 1 C, at the end of corridor 14 by house 13.
Besides the defibrillator, there is a pair of also a scissors, protective gloves and a safety razor available.